Region: Aloxe-Corton, Burgundy
Clos de la Vigne au Saint is a very old vineyard; the earliest known record of its existence is in 1375 when it is mentioned in the records of the Chapter of Saulieu. The Latour family have a long connection with this vineyard which began in the early 19th century when Louis Latour’s great great grandmother owned a section of the vineyard. Since then it has remained in family hands, passing from generation to generation. The vineyard has perfect southerly exposure on the Corton hill lying on a bedrock outcrop towards the bottom of the slope. The soil is a rusty red colour and rich in marl which gives the wines distinct aromas. This superb wine possesses the elegance that we expect from a Côte d’Or Grand Cru and will age particularly well.