Origin: Verduno, Barolo
Crowning the small hilltop village of Verduno, the elegant 18th century cantina Fratelli Alessandria produces approx 5,000 wine cases from 14 hectares; including the superb wine crus of Monvigliero in Verduno and Gramolere in Monforte d’Alba in Piedmont.
Their Barolo wines were recognised by King Carlo Alberto in 1843, identifying a notable quality that continues to be enhanced by the arrival of 5th generation Vittore, beside his uncle Alessandro and father Gian Battista. Vittore’s arrival in 2001, post commercial and oenological studies at Torino University, coincided with a period of positive change. ‘More attention to detail’ is how Vittore explains the improvements that have taken place over the past decade.