Founded by Adriano Ramos Pinto in 1880, Casa Ramos Pinto rapidly became noted, at the time, for its innovative and enterprising strategy. Associated with quality bottled wines, it began operating on the Brazilian market in the early 20th century and quickly became responsible for half of the wine exported to South America, whilst it was still conquering generations of loyal customers in Portugal and Europe. These were the natural results of a forward thinking strategy, based on the modernisation of selection, batching and ageing circuits, the continuous wine research and the special care which Adriano Ramos Pinto devoted to the packaging and promotion of his wines. The Ramos Pinto wines have therefore become a reference of quality.
In 1990, Casa Ramos Pinto became part of the Roederer Group, whose history has identical characteristics. So, the qualities that gave fame to Casa Ramos Pinto took on an international dimension.
Ramos Pinto Port Wines are prepared in the vinification centre of Quinta do Bom Retiro. In the case of LBV and Vintage, the grapes are trodden in the traditional lagar as this age-old technique allows for the juice of the fruit to be extracted more efficiently and less violently. After having concluded the first steps of vinification, the wines are transported to the historical wine cellars at Vila Nova de Gaia, where they undergo a long ageing process.