Terrazas de los Andes is one of Argentina’s most famous wine projects from high up on the terraces of the Andes mountains. Their vineyards are located in Mendoza’s Luján de Cuyo and Uco Valley, planted at 1,060m above sea level and benefiting from cool nights and warm days. The passionate team emphasizes sustainability, contributing to the welfare of the environment and as well as the local community.
Terrazas de los Andes Malbec Reserva 2021
‘Such a beautiful, fresh nose with tons of wild herbs, thyme, rosemary, sour cherries and flowers. Very linear and bright on the palate, charged with silky, fine-grained tannins and fine austerity. You can literally smell the herbs and the wild flowers from the vineyard. Pristine but intense and so fresh and precise. Pure fruit! Insane value for a $20 bottle.’ – James Suckling, JamesSuckling.com, 94/100
‘This stands out for its expressive, elegant bouquet of citrus blossoms, guava and red currant flavors that are equally engaging and fresh on the palate, picking up mineral details and lingering nicely around polished tannins.’ – Aaron Romano, Wine Spectator, 92/100
‘The 2021 Malbec Reserva is sourced from the Uco Valley and was aged 40% in used French oak barrels, while the other 60% spent a year in tanks. It has a purple hue. On the nose, it features violets, plums, cherries, orange peel and herbs. With supple tannins and a velvety texture, the palate lingers for a long time, with a thinner volume than it used to have. The 2021 vintage exhibits a refreshing shift in style. 2023-2030.’ – Joaquin Hidalgo, Vinous, 90/100
6 in stock.
As our stock is sold through our two retail outlets and online, stock levels are provided as a guide only and are liable to change.