The course you’ve been waiting for! Specifically designed for wine service staff in the hospitality industry.
Three Interactive Courses to know South African Wine
The main types of wine
Vineyard practices and stages of the vine throughout the growing year – vineyard tour.
Production of wine, from harvest to bottling.
How to taste wine and the two main scoring systems.
TOUR: Stellenbosch, including Faure, Helderberg and Somerset West
The History of South African Wine
Wine regions of South Africa.
Bottles, corks, screwcaps and labels – cellar and bottling line tour.
How to serve wine
TOUR: Simondium and Paarl
Significant wineries and winemakers, past and present
Organic and Biodynamic wines and the preservation of old vines.
Cellar techniques and vinification of MCC – MCC cellar tour.
Tasting sparkling wine
Winter launch price: R850 per person
Each module includes:
- Transport to and from Cape Town CBD (central pick up in CBD)
- Full day excursion to a specific region in the Cape Winelands
- Course material, available to student before hand
- All tours, tutored tastings and facility or vineyard visits
- Optional: feedback report on student performance